Departmental Awards: Education Scholarship (two awards)
The purpose of these awards is to acknowledge faculty who have made original contributions to education scholarship and knowledge building in family medicine within the last three years. The contribution may encompass any aspect of family medicine education scholarship, from clinical to health services to education.
Any faculty member of the Department of Family and Community Medicine is eligible. To be eligible for the Educacation Scholarship - New award, the nominee must have held a DFCM faculty appointment that allowed the nominee to apply for grants and/or supervise trainees for a period not exceeding 60 months. Previous award winners cannot win the award again in the same category but a faculty member can be awarded both the New and Senior award over time.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Impact of education scholarship
One award winner (per award) will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites
- HPEs Fully Affiliated Sites
- HPEs Community Affiliated Sites
- Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination
- The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee.
- The nominator is responsible for all the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Indication if the nominee is being considered for the New or Senior Education Scholarship award.
- A nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a faculty or staff supervisor or colleague.
- A letter describing how the nominee meets the above selection criteria along with evidence to support the impact of education scholarship (e.g. how it has changed practice, editorial recognitions, publications in high impact journals, citation indices such as h-index).
- Optionally, supporting material such as testimonials or letters of support may be collected and submitted.
- The nominee’s updated CV or resume is also required.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentationin a single PDF file by February 15, 2018 to:
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7