DFCM Library Services
Specialized Family Medicine Resources
Our library services at DFCM can help you effectively access our resources and learn new ways to search for more materials. We provide hands-on training in navigating library databases and reports, while many of our services are available online through the links below.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our services:
Sign out a book for up to two weeks with the possibility of renewing for an additional week. Browse our book catalogue, then email the librarian to request your selections. If you would like to make an interlibrary loan, we can guide you through the process.
Let us do the searching. If you want information for your project, such as program planning, presentations, research, publication or more, we’ll conduct a literature search and turn it around within a week.
Having trouble accessing an article? We can retrieve full text articles and email them to you. 48 hours is the average wait time, but please allow extra time for large volume and obscure article requests.
Join us throughout the year for various workshops on how to use the resources at our family medicine university library. These events will help you thoroughly and efficiently access our information systems through topics such as:
- searching for clinical and education information quickly and reliably
- using reference management software
- avoiding plagiarism and providing proper citation
- searching for systematic reviews in Medline
If you are interested in a customized workshop for your group, either on or off-site, please contact the librarian with your details.
Would you like one-on-one instruction on using our library resources? Set up a time with the Librarian for some hands-on training.
Stay on top of the latest publications and research. If you are a DFCM faculty member, you can subscribe to email alerts about new articles. Current alerts include:
- Academic leadership in health professionals
- Ambulatory teaching and preceptorship
- Communities of practice / Virtual communities
- Counselling skills-teaching
- Educational technology
- Faculty development for community physicians
- Faculty health and well-being
- Feedback in education/teacher-learner
- IMGs: medical education
- Interprofessional education and faculty development
- Mentoring in health care professions
- Narrative medicine
- Patient-centrered communication
- Postgraduate family medicine education
- Preventative primary care for family physicians
- Problem-based learning
- Problem resident: remediation
- Work/life balance, physicians
Contact the DFCM librarian to sign up for a pre-definied topic or create a custom alert.
We compile citation reports on faculty publications on request, including a research impact summary used for faculty promotions.