FD Program Development Fund
FD Program Fund
The DFCM is aware of the need to support new programs in faculty development and continuing education. Taking initiatives from idea to program requires time. The DFCM feels it would be beneficial to offer support for faculty to work on promising projects.
The Faculty Development Program Fund will provide up to four awards annually of $2,500 to support the creation of new educational programs. The initial audience for such programs would be DFCM faculty in their roles as clinicians and teachers.
Annually by October 12
The Faculty Development Committee will give preference to candidate projects which:
- Meet an identified and documented need
- Can be implemented within one year
- Are proposed by faculty from across several DFCM program areas and/or teaching sites
- Scholarly work - includes an education scholarship component or integrates to another FD project
- Have a well-developed evaluation plan
- Relate to other DFCM priorities
- Have achieved, or have applied for, funding from other sources
- Have a dissemination plan
- Outline a proposed budget
- Be willing to present at DFCM events and distributed sites
- Eligibility for the awards is limited to academic staff appointed to the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- Have not received this fund in the previous two years
DFCM Chair and Faculty Development Sub-committee.
- Fund recipients will have to submit all receipts
- Funds cannot be used for speaker fees and /or gifts
Faculty Development Program
Department of Family and Community Medicine University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7