Excellence in Emergency Medicine
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated sustained excellence in clinical practice, teaching and scholarship within the Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Any faculty within the Division of Emergency Medicine for at least 5 years. Contributions may include those at a hospital, University, regional or national level. The individual may not have previously received this award. The award will only be given if a suitable candidate is identified.
The selection committee will consider a “body of work” that is typically sustained over a period of 5 years or more with one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated clinical excellence
- Exemplary professional practice
- Innovative practice
- Contributions to professional practice
- Teaching and/or education excellence
- Contributions to scholarship
- Demonstrated leadership
- Exemplary role modelling
Nominations can be made by any faculty within the Division of Emergency Medicine, DFCM (excluding self‐ nominations). The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations must include the following:
- Completed nomination form
- Three (3) letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- One of the letters must be from the nominator.
- A letter from a current or former (within the last 3 years) medical learner (as 1 of the 3 letters) is recommended but not required.
- A letter from the nominee’s Chief (as 1 of the 3 letters) is recommended but not required.
- Additional letters will not be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Personal statement from the nominee addressing one or more of the criteria for the award and briefly highlighting the evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria (not to exceed 250 words).