Faculty Development (FD) Fund
Awarded twice annually to support professional development by DFCM faculty. Support will be considered for (but not necessarily restricted to):
- Publication of scholarly papers (mini-sabbaticals)
- Travel (and related expenses) to conferences to present scholarly work (conference registration fees not funded)
Awards will be based on the criteria below, taking into consideration the amount of money available in the fund and the total amount requested.
Award criteria include enhancement of academic content, advancement of family and community medicine education, and benefit derived from the professional development activity for both the individual and the department.
A letter of support from the relevant division chief or departmental program director should address how the funded activity will contribute to the academic life of the unit or program.
Junior faculty (less than 5 years since appointment) will be given preference for these awards. Not more than one award will be granted per person annually (academic year).
All academic staff appointed to the University of Toronto Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Completed application form (word doc)
- Supporting documentation and declaration of other sources of financial support for the academic activity if applicable
- Letter of support from the relevant division chief or departmental program director addressing how the funded activity will contribute to the academic life of the unit or program.
Submit a completed application package via email or regular post
Faculty Development Program
Department of Family and Community Medicine University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7
DFCM Chair and Faculty Development Committee.
October 15 and March 15.