Faculty Development (FD) Fund
The DFCM wants to support faculty in their academic pursuits. The FD Fund is awarded twice annually to support professional development. Support will be considered for (but not necessarily restricted to):
- Publication of scholarly papers (mini-sabbaticals)
- Travel (and related expenses) to conferences to present scholarly work (conference registration fees not funded)
Awards will be based on the criteria below, taking into consideration the amount of money available in the fund and the total amount requested.
Funds are not issued proactively and must be collected within one year of the date of the acceptance letter.
October 30 and April 16.
- Award criteria include:
- Enhancement of academic content, advancement of family and community medicine education, benefit derived from the professional development activity for both the individual and the department.
- A letter of support from the relevant division chief or departmental program director should address how the funded activity will contribute to the academic life of the unit or program.
- Junior faculty (less than 5 years since appointment) will be given preference for these awards. Not more than one award will be granted per person annually (academic year).
- Publications – evidence of submission to a journal
- Must be willing to disseminate material at DFCM
- All academic staff appointed to the University of Toronto Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Restricted to faculty who have not received the award in the previous 2 years
- Completed application form (word doc)
- Supporting documentation and declaration of other sources of financial support for the academic activity if applicable.
- Original receipts and boarding pass (electronically scanned receipts / boarding pass will not be accepted) for travel and related expenses to conferences to present scholarly work.
- Letter of support from the relevant division chief or departmental program director addressing how the funded activity will contribute to the academic life of the unit or program.
Submit a completed application package via email and kindly mail all original receipts / boarding pass to:
Faculty Development / QI Administrator
Department of Family and Community Medicine
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
5th Floor, 500 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G 1V7
FD Program Director and Sub-Committee.