Faculty Development (FD) Program Fund
The DFCM is aware of the need to support new programs in faculty development and continuing education. Taking initiatives from idea to program requires time. The DFCM feels it would be beneficial to offer support for faculty to work on promising projects.
The Faculty Development Program Fund will provide up to four awards annually of $2,500 to support the creation of new educational programs. The initial audience for such programs would be DFCM faculty in their roles as clinicians and teachers.
Annually by October 30
The Faculty Development Committee will give preference to candidate projects which:
- Meet an identified and documented need
- Implemented within 1 year
- Proposed by faculty from across several DFCM program areas and/or teaching sites
- Scholarly work - includes an education scholarship component or integrates to another FD project
- Have a well-developed evaluation plan
- Relate to other DFCM priorities
- Achieved, or have applied for, funding from other sources
- Includes a dissemination plan
- Outline a proposed budget
- Present at DFCM events and distributed sites (i.e. DFCM Conference)
- Limited to academic staff appointed to the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto or a team with a DFCM faculty member
- Not received this fund in the previous two years
FD Program Director and Sub-committee.
- Fund recipients will have to submit all original receipts (electronically scanned receipts will not be accepted).
- Funds cannot be used for speaker fees, gifts or as reimbursement to project leads.
Faculty Development / QI Administrator
Department of Family and Community Medicine
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
5th Floor, 500 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G 1V7