Toronto East Health Network
South East Toronto Family Health Team Coxwell Site; Flemingdon Community Health Centre; South East Toronto Family Health Team Danforth Site
The Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH) is a regional, acute care hospital that provides an extensive range of primary, secondary and tertiary population-based programs and services. TEGH serves a very large and fascinating, culturally diverse community. It is a community that has seen a burgeoning re-growth of young families combining paediatrics and obstetrics with a large elderly population that lends to a challenging and rewarding medical experience. At present, TEGH serves over half a million people living in the Borough of East York, Southwest Scarborough and East Toronto.
Teaching Site Facilities:
Flemingdon Community Health Centre (10 Gateway Blvd)
- A seven person Community Health Centre located just north of TEGH at Don Mills and Overlea
- The centre serves a large multi-ethnic population and has many outreach clinics (teen clinic, elderly clinic, etc)
South East Toronto Family Health Team (833 Coxwell Ave)
- A nine person Family Medicine Teaching Unit located across from TEGH
- The practice has many resources that enhance the teaching and learning experience in a interdisciplinary environment
- A fully electronic paperless office experience
South East Toronto Family Health Team (1871 Danforth Ave)
- A new teaching unit on Danforth Ave just east of Coxwell Ave.
- A nine person clinic with a full interdisciplinary team, working in a fully electronic environment