Departmental Award: Excellence in Creative Professional Activity
This award recognizes outstanding contribution in the realm of creative professional activity. Creative professional activity refers to those pursuits that lead to professional innovation and creative excellence; exemplary professional practice, and significant contributions to the development of professional practice.
Any faculty member of the Department of Family and Community Medicine is eligible.
The selection committee will consider (one or more of) the following criteria:
- Professional innovation and creative excellence in forms such as: theatre, art, communications media, videos that may be targeted at various audiences from the lay public to health care professionals; inventions; new techniques.
- Exemplary professional practice that introduces a new concept and/or program into the practice; or is recognized by peers as being exemplary.
- Contributions to the development of the professional practice through leadership in professional associations, government policy committees, or other organizations; guideline development, and setting of standards.
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites
- HPEs Fully Affiliated Sites
- HPEs Community Affiliated Sites
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self- nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a Faculty/Staff supervisor or colleague.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation by January 29, 2018 to:
Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine,
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7