Departmental Award: Staff Excellence
This award recognizes outstanding contribution by individuals within the Department of Family and Community Medicine. This award seeks to recognize an individual’s expertise in their role, to recognize the importance of DFCM staff roles, and to recognize overall achievement.
Any individual who works at the central office of the DFCM or at a teaching site is eligible.
Pending nominations and if a suitable candidate is found, one award will be given. The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- A record of contribution to the success of Department programs or in the Chair’s Office.
- Outstanding contribution within the nominee’s usual role, to the success of a single event of importance to the DFCM.
- Contributions to the success of a DFCM project, program, or initiative that falls beyond the nominee’s usual role.
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self- nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DDFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a Faculty/Staff supervisor or colleague.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation by January 29, 2018 to:
Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine,
University of Toronto, 500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7