Departmental Award: Staff Excellence in Collaboration
This award recognizes the complexity of staff working in a decentralized structure and to promote collaboration amongst staff across all departmental units. This award seeks to recognize collaboration as a desirable professional characteristic and to formalize this as a part of the DFCM staff culture and encourage staff to cross-pollinate ideas and processes.
Any individual or group who work at the central Department or at a teaching site is eligible.
Pending nominations and if a suitable candidate is found, one award will be given. The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Demonstrated collaboration on a routine or a special process or project.
- Worked with staff from another academic unit.
- Performed work to a high level of quality with a high degree of harmony.
- Individual or group sought out and created opportunities to collaborate.
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self- nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, or a DFCM Program Director, or a Division head, or a Faculty/Staff supervisor or colleague.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- CV. (One CV should be submitted by group lead)
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted.
Please submit the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by February 15, 2019 to:
DFCM Central Awards Committee
c/o: Laura Surdianu, Faculty Development
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
500 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V7
Tel: (416) 978-7565
Fax: (416) 978-3912