Enhanced Skills Program Admissions
|August 21, 2017||Application Process Opens|
|October 6, 2017||Application Deadline Date|
|October 27 - November 30, 2017||Interview Period|
|December 7, 2017||Acceptance Notification|
|December 14, 2017||CARMS ER Match Date|
|December 15, 2017||Deadline for Acceptance|
|Ministry of Health||Those who are currently enrolled as a PGY2 in a Canadian
Family Medicine Residency Program at the time of application.
Residents must start their PGY3 year within 12 months of
completing their PGY2 year.
|Ministry of Health Re-entry*
*Selection determined by application program review and program capacity
|Please view the re-entry program document for information on eligibility to apply.
*Please note applicants must separately apply for Ministry of Health Re-entry funding
For more information, please contact the Enhanced Skills office at email@example.com
How to Apply
- Completed Online Application Form
- Letter of Intent (addressed to the Program Director of the program of choice)
- Current CV
- Medical School Transcripts
- Three (3) references*, one which must be from your Residency or Site Director.
- Please note that referees will be submitting references online via the online application system. Referees will receive a link through the system to submit the references. Reference links will not be sent to referees until an application has been submitted and a confirmation has been sent to the applicant. Referees will have one (1) week from the date of receiving the notification request. For applications submitted on October 6, 2017, referees will have until October 13, 2017 at the latest to submit their references. Based on the program of application, referees will be requested to either complete a template reference form or upload a letter to the online system. Program Directors will NOT review applications without reference letters.
Candidates applying to the Emergency Medicine program should complete the CaRMS application. Visit CaRMS >