Toronto International Program: Strengthening Family Medicine and Primary Care
April 23 -May 4, 2018
Register for the Toronto International Program (TIP-FM) to learn about effective family medicine and the Canadian healthcare system from Canadian leaders, to network and learn from the experience of other like-minded family medicine champions from across the globe. The TIP-FM program is a course for leaders in the area of healthcare delivery, policy, and academia interested in strengthening family medicine and primary care. The goal of the program is to enhance leadership capacity in family medicine and primary care by building on lessons learned in the Canadian and global context.
The course gives an overview of the foundations and key elements of family medicine in Canada and combines that with a deeper exploration of specific elements of family medicine and primary care relevant to participant's local reality. The course is taught by faculty leaders from the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) and others at the University of Toronto - the largest family medicine training program in North America.
Registration deadline: April 1, 2018. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Curriculum and Course Requirements
All of the program components will be delivered in English. Translation will not be provided. Participants should be fluent in English.
The course is customized to meet the participants' identified learning needs and will include:
- Presentations by Canadian leaders in family medicine
- Workshops on policy, research, quality improvement, and healthcare delivery
- Small group interactive discussions
- Customized, self-directed learning with experts in primary care and family medicine
- Visits to community health centres, family medicine clinics, hospitals, and the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Clinical observership opportunities
- Resident supervision observership
- Networking with leaders and colleagues from around the world
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Describe the evolution and challenges related to the development of family medicine in various settings around the world.
- Reflect on key policy, health system and training features to strengthening family medicine.
- Describe the challenges and critical next steps in developing family medicine in local contexts.
- Have the opportunity to produce either a quality improvement plan, a strategic plan to address a critical issue in the development of family medicine, or an academic paper on your work in family medicine and/or primary care.
The regular fee for this program is $4000.00 CAD plus 13% HST tax. There are a limited number of bursaries available to individals from Low and Middle Income Countries to help offset the registration fees.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registration: April 1, 2018.
To register, click here
Global Health Program