Dealing with Personal Crisis

I am experiencing a personal crisis.

Please know that you are not alone. There are many people who can help you, no matter what problem you might be facing. If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 right away or go to the nearest emergency department.

Where to Access Help

Contact your Site Program Director/Administrator or Chief Resident or:

My Student Support Program (My SSP)

Provides University of Toronto students with immediate and/or ongoing confidential, 24-hr support for any school, health, or general life concern at no cost to students. You can call or chat with a counsellor directly from your phone whenever and wherever you are for a range of concerns. Download the My SSP app:  App Store | Google Play

Gerstein Crisis Centre

This 24-hr helpline service will allow you to talk about whatever you are going through. Call 416-929-5200 and visit

Distress Centre of Greater Toronto

Provides emotional support if you are in distress. Call 416-408-4357 and visit