Undergraduate MD Program: Learning Sites
Third Year Core Clinical Rotation in Family Medicine
During your third year core clinical rotation in family medicine, your practical knowledge is applied in clinical work at one of our learning sites. We offer a wide range of settings at which to do your Clerkship, from urban to rural communities. Learn more about our learning sites below.
- Students will be contacted by their academies directly and provided with information regarding site selection.
- Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP) placements are available in Barrie, Collingwood, Kawartha Lakes, Midland, New Tecumseth, Orangeville and Orillia but not all communities are available in all blocks. If you are matched to ROMP, you will be informed of your community after the match. If you have questions about ROMP sites, please contact: Dr. Chung Kit (Jacky) Lai, the ROMP clerkship rural liaison.
- Additional rural and distant placements will be available at Newmarket and Markham.
- For general clerkship questions, contact: the Clerkship Coordinator at the DFCM.
- Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- Rural Ontario Medical Program (ROMP) Sites
- Scarborough Health Network
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Toronto East Health Network
- Toronto Western Hospital
- Trillium Health Partners - Credit Valley Hospital
- Trillium Health Partners - Mississauga Hospital
- Women’s College Hospital