Departmental Award: Sustained Excellence in Research
This award acknowledges outstanding and sustained contribution to family medicine research.
Any DFCM faculty member who has demonstrated excellence in family medicine research (clinical, education or health services).
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Sustained (more than 5 years) contribution to family medicine research
- Research Productivity (including grants, publications and presentations)
- Impact of research
- Administration, Teaching and Departmental Contributions
- National and International Recognition
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for all the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for this DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- A letter describing how the nominee meets the above selection criteria along with evidence to support the impact of their research (e.g. how it has changed practice, editorial recognitions, publications in high impact journals, citation indices such as h-index).
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted. A maximum of 3 additional documents can be added to the nomination. These may include letters of support, project proposals, educational materials, etc.
Please download the form and include it in the nomination package:
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by April 15 (annually) to firstname.lastname@example.org