DFCM Mentorship Panel Event: “Successful Paths to Senior Promotion from a Mentorship Lens”
Is now the right time for you to start considering senior promotion? Do you want some tips, guidance, and insights on the promotions process? You’re invited to a virtual event on promotions guidance, “Successful Paths to Senior Promotion from a Mentorship Lens,” on behalf of DFCM's Mentorship Lead, Dr. Viola Antao, on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022, 3pm EST.
This virtual panel event will showcase the experiences of three senior faculty members, Drs. Joyce Nyhof-Young, Allan Grill and David Eisen, who have successfully completed the senior promotions process. Each presenter will give a brief overview of their promotions journey and how mentorship informed the process. This will be followed by a live Q&A period. Questions can also be submitted here ahead of the event.
Dr. Joyce Nyhof-Young, BSc, MSc, PhD
- Professor, Department of Family & Community Medicine, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Education Scientist, Academics Program & the Family Health Team, Women’s College Hospital
- Education Scientist, Office of Education Scholarship, Department of Family & Community Medicine
- Education Scientist, Department of Family and Community Medicine, St Michael’s Hospital
Dr. Nyhof-Young was promoted to Full Professor in 2020 and can provide insights on the Teaching and Education and Creative Professional Activity (CPA) streams.
Dr. Allan Grill, MD, CCFP (COE), MPH, FCFP, CCPE
- Associate Professor, Department of Family & Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- Lead Physician, Markham Family Health Team
- Chief, Dept. Of Family Medicine, Markham Stouffville Hospital
Dr. Grill was promoted to Associate Professor in 2019 and can provide insights on the Creative Professional Activity (CPA) stream.
Dr. David W. Eisen, BA, LL.B., MBA, MD, CCFP, FCFP
- Associate Professor, University of Toronto
- Chief, Department of Family and Community Medicine, North York General Hospital
- Family Medicine Teaching Unit
Dr. Eisen was promoted to Associate Professor in 2021 and can provide tips on leadership and insights on the teaching with a waiver of external review process.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!