Excellence in Research/Quality Improvement in Emergency Medicine
This award recognizes excellence in research and/or quality improvement initiatives by faculty within the Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Any faculty within the Division of Emergency Medicine. The individual may not have previously received this award. The award will only be given if a suitable candidate is identified.
The selection committee will consider a “body of work” over more than 1 year including one or more of the following criteria to assess the impact of the nominee’s research and/or quality improvement initiatives:
- Impact of research and/or quality improvement initiatives
Nominations can be made by any faculty within the Division of Emergency Medicine, DFCM (excluding self‐ nominations). The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
- Completed nomination form.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two (2) letters of support.
- One of the letters must be from the nominator.
- A letter from the nominee’s Chief (as 1 of the 2 letters) is recommended but not required.
- Additional letters will not be reviewed by the Selection Committee
- A letter from the nominee describing how the nominee meets the above selection criteria along with evidence to support the impact of their research or quality improvement initiative (not to exceed 250 words).
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence is strongly recommended (such as Research Dossier, copy of publications).