Departmental Award: Excellence in Quality Improvement
This award recognizes faculty-led teams who have successfully disseminated QI-related initiatives at a provincial and/or international level through accepted workshops, lecture presentations, and/or peer-reviewed publications.
Any faculty member and their team in the DFCM is eligible.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
Demonstration of a scholarly approach in the execution of QI initiatives with evidence of excellent teaching skills and methodological application of QI to include:
- Identification of Improvement Opportunity
- Establishment of Team
- Planning for the Project
- Testing Changes
- Improvement – Meaningful Results
- Sustainability & Spread
- Effective Dissemination
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites (includes FMLE, teaching practices, and integrated community sites)
- HPEs Fully Affiliated Sites
- HPEs Community Affiliated Sites
Please review our Site Affiliation Table to determine which category applies to your nominee.
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for this DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- CV. (One CV should be submitted by the group lead)
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted. A maximum of 3 additional documents can be added to the nomination. These may include letters of support, project proposals, educational materials, etc.
Please download the form and include it in the nomination package:
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by April 15 (annually) to firstname.lastname@example.org