Departmental Award: Helen Batty Excellence in Faculty Development
The purpose of this award is to recognize faculty who have made significant and sustained contributions in Faculty Development (FD) within the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Any faculty member within the Department of Family and Community Medicine who has demonstrated excellence in faculty development.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Sustained (more than 5 years) contribution to Faculty Development
- Contributes to FD on a local/national/international level
- Advances the strategic priorities of the department through FD and acts as a resource for FD initiatives within the department
- Significant contribution to scholarship in FD
- Dissemination of scholarship in FD (ex: publications or presentations)
- Demonstration of impact of FD activities
One award winner will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Fully Affiliated Sites
- Community Affiliated Sites
- Community Sites (includes FMLE, teaching practices, and integrated community sites)
- HPEs Fully Affiliated Sites
- HPEs Community Affiliated Sites
Please review our Site Affiliation Table to determine which category applies to your nominee.
Nominations can be made by any faculty or staff member of the DFCM, including self-nomination. The nominations will be considered by the DFCM Central Awards Committee. The nominator is responsible for the collection and submission of the award nomination package and informing the nominee of their nomination.
Nominations for a DFCM Award of Excellence must include the following:
- Completed nomination form that includes the supporting signature of a teaching site Chief, DFCM Program Director, Division Head or Supervisor.
- Two letters of support indicating why this individual is being nominated in the selected category. Letters that are the most helpful address the criteria for the award and present evidence supporting the nominee’s excellence in those criteria.
- Additional material documenting evidence of excellence may be submitted. A maximum of 3 additional documents can be added to the nomination. These may include letters of support, project proposals, educational materials, etc.
Please download the form and include it in the nomination package:
Please submit by email the completed nomination form and corresponding award application documentation in a single PDF file by April 15 (annually) to email@example.com