Quality Improvement Awards
Local Team Impact Awards
These awards recognize methodological excellence towards the incremental improvement associated with impactful QI initiatives. Specifically, these awards target achievement of improvement across the three elements of the Triple Aim — improved patient/provider experience; improved population health; improved cost-effectiveness. Up to three awards will be nominated each academic year by the QPC lead(s) for their respective academic site (awards per year as relevant):
- PGY1 Impact Award — These award winners demonstrate proficiency in the application of QI methodology as evidenced by a focus on a quality dimension of relevance to the academic site, application of appropriate system diagnostic tools and effective completion of multiple PDSA (plan, do, study, act) cycles of change with the potential to impact incremental improvement in 1 or more process measures. Evidence of collaboration with interprofessional team members is required.
- PGY2 Impact Award — This award winner demonstrates proficiency in the application of QI methodology as evidenced by a focus on a quality dimension of relevance to the academic site, application of appropriate system diagnostic tools, measurement across a family of measures for the duration of the project and effective completion of multiple PDSA (plan, do, study, act) cycles of change. Evidence of collaboration with interprofessional team members is required as is demonstration of sustainability and spread of changes to the broader academic site, community or other sites.
- Faculty & Staff Impact Award — These award winners demonstrate the leadership, innovation and team effectiveness required to drive positive change in the achievement of incremental improvement. The winning team demonstrates a sound methodological approach to the QI initiative and effective collaboration. Additionally, award winners will demonstrate sustainability and spread of changes to the broader academic site, community or other sites.
- Nomination deadline is February 15 each year. The site nomination process should begin in October of the previous year. Sites may nominate a PGY1 candidate in their PGY2 (following) year.
- Each site may nominate a project for each award.
- Nominations for residents must be submitted or pre-approved by the site program director.
- Submissions must include the full name, base hospital site and email addresses for both the nominator and all nominees.
- Preference will be given to nominees who have not received the same award in the last three years.
- Nominators are asked to provide a clear and concise statement (75 words max) which explains why the nominated individual(s) is (are) a deserving recipient(s) of the respective award.
- To nominate or receive more information for any of these Quality Improvement Program awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.